When everyone hears of twitter or some other social media and jumps on the bandwagon like their other mates. It’s usually for a couple of reasons:
- I can express myself, my views, my likes
- Sharing your work or links
- Getting usefull information/News
- Hearing about new technologies
- Catching up with people
And we all love doing that at first we share we talk we make friends even. Then soon enough we start looking at those tiny little number saying how much followers I have in the bottom. Thats when things start going the wrong way. A lot of us just lose ourself, our individuality more importantly we forget why we were here in the first place. The next thing you know is we’re in the band wagon of the twitter effect. We’re tweeting about:
- Kanye west
- Who died
- The trending topic (yes you too #aftersex)
- Retweeting because a power tweeter tweeted it.
- Tweeting about twitter
- How to get more followers
I think this needs to stop, it’s a pretty nifty and brilliant platform to exchange ideas thoughts, news and what not. So lets please try to get over the Twitter effect and realize why we were here in the first place. Happy tweeting.